View Single Post
Old 2006-02-27, 09:11 AM   #12
doubleurx
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
I'd stick to the stock sizes, as the 225s are actually .4% different than the 205s, but in the right way, so they are both only .2% off the 255s, but why mess with it.

How much you want to spend, and I am assuming 3 season use.

For cheap, the Continental ContiSportContact 2 looks like the answer. Make sure you get the ZRs so they match front/rear. (These at some point were teh Porsche OE tire/)

Next step up are the Pirelli PZero Rosso Asimmetricos which may be ideal for that car.

Last, but not least, and only a hair less aggresive than the 615s would be the New Advan Neovas, but they are pricey.

I'd probably pick between the Rosos and the Conti's depending on my budget.
I was using the handy Miata calculator that shows the 225/45/17 and the 255/40/17 with exactly the same diameter of 25.0. Why I considered the alternate size is because the car originally came with 205/55/16 fronts and 225/50/16 rears that also have the exact same diameter of 24.9. Why Porsche recommends an upsize that doesn't exactly match, I have no idea?

I've posted this on some porsche forums with one response from someone that has the upsized tire with no issues and they agreed with me with regards to the diameter.

The neova's are also on sale, but much more pricey than the azenis.
doubleurx is offline   Reply With Quote