View Single Post
Old 2006-11-02, 06:44 PM   #20
SFVette
n00b

Car: 00 2.5rs, Past toys 94 Camaro, 00 Vette
Class: STS

If the tires don't rub they're not big enough

Why is it that those who have not won PAX believe that winning it makes you the best autocrosser? I have yet to find a place in of the Reno SCCA rules that states PAX champion as the "Best driver of the Year" PAX is used to give out more awards and reward those that ran consistently well. It was adopted to avoid voting for a Driver of the Year which would have more complaints that the street tire handicap. I think PAX is good for comparing your own improvement against those experienced racers who finish close to the same spot each year.
It seems that John and others know the exact way that PAX handicaps each car so why can they not tell us the exact number needed for each car to make it fair? My guess is that like the PAX factors them selves the math is just educated guesses since not all cars are prepared to the fullest and not driven by a the same person. Motorsports will never be fair but that’s what makes it fun beating the guy who should have a better prepared car.
Lastly to fix PAX every one under the age of 30 gets their time, from 30 to 55 you get one extra run and 1/2 second off your time, over 55 you get two extra runs and 1 second off your time. The only catch is you have to run a car that is as old as the age range you’re classed in.
Thanks for letting me post
Lucas
SFVette is offline   Reply With Quote