Old 2007-07-15, 04:08 PM   #23
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
I rarely post...I just lurk. And yeah im bi and still getting lots of pussy although girls have been drama filled lately.

I just said I wouldnt come to a meet until I was done with the SVX but now im going to have to start all over and do it right anyway. I have a daily driver now so that if things blow up again I wont be boned.

P.S. Scoot, I will probably start asking you for some advice on my path to do the SVX up right this time.

P.P.S. I should go to meets again now that ive conceided that I am a failure.
One word of warning: once you get a daily driver... your project car will get about 10 times more expensive. And it will get another 10 times more expensive if you get a trailer and a tow vehicle. At least that's been my experience... 'course you're not racing your project car.

As far as the SVX... "doing it right" isn't going to be easy, 'cause you're trail blazing... there are no proven solutions for the SVX like their are for the WRX/STI. I would in fact say that those guys selling the supercharger kit you were going with are putting out one of the more sorted solutions... but if you're really looking for 400awhp, their offerings aren't there yet.

Really, you're going to need an experienced motor builder, then send 'em a long block. Then do a blue-printed/balanced bottom end w/ rods and pistons. Then a massive port/polish/valves/springs/etc on the heads. Cams as well, but that's where you need a bad-ass builder that knows what grind to put on the cams... you might want to consider someone that builds Porsche race motors, due to the similarity of the 3.6L Porsche motors to our 3.3L EZ33's. Of course you'll need some sort of forced induction... not sure if the supercharger you've already got will get you there or not, but it might. I would think a pair of low mounted (just of the headers) turbos would work well too, but will require a ton of custom pipe-work. And most importantly, you'll need some really flexible engine management and someone that really knows their shit to tune it... the Hydra seems pretty flexible and affordable... you should be able to get one for a 6-cyl with boost application. And don't forget the 6MT tranny, custom brakes, hubs, suspension, etc to handle all that power.

Anyway, that's the way I'd lean for building up a 500hp+ EZ33... but even with a truck-load of money, you're going to have to do things, break stuff, do them over differently... tons of trial and error, since it's just never been done. To be honest... I would be a Corvette motor/tranny/rear-end swap into an SVX would be far easier and cheaper... a turn-key LS1/6 with tranny for $10k, plus a bunch of cutting and welding, and you have a 400whp SVX... but no AWD.