Thread: F1 Season 2013!
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-01, 10:42 AM   #65
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

No wonder Kimi is pissed... apparently Lotus hasn't bothered to pay him.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3...p-final-races/

Quote:
Kimi Räikkönen has fired a warning shot to Lotus that he could choose to sit out the final two races of the season in the United States and Brazil if the Enstone-based outfit does not find a solution to its ongoing financial problems.

Räikkönen, whose relationship with the team was strained further amid the radio drama at the Indian Grand Prix, revealed in Abu Dhabi on Friday that he has "not been paid a Euro" all season, with the Finn coming close to skipping this weekend's race.

Speaking to reporters at the Yas Marina Circuit, Räikkönen said: "I came here only because, hopefully, we have found an understanding on the issues we have been having. Hopefully it will be fixed and we can finish the season as well as we can."

When asked if he would consider missing the remaining two races, the former World Champion added: "For sure. I enjoy racing but a big part of it is business. Sometimes when that is not dealt with like it should be then we end up in an unfortunate situation.

"You have to put the line somewhere. If it goes over that then it is not really my fault."

Räikkönen, who was eager to stress that his missed payments are more of a factor than the heated radio discussion at Buddh, went on to explain that he has been slightly hurt by suggestions that he is putting himself above the interests of the team.

"Sometimes it is not very nice when you hear that you are not a team player, and you don't have the interests of the team, but you have been paid zero Euro the whole year," said Räikkönen, who is due approximately 15 million pounds from the squad.

"It doesn't put you in the best place, but that is how it goes. Hopefully, like I said, we have found an understanding on how we should deal with the situation right now."