Old 2011-02-16, 10:03 AM   #13
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libila View Post
I'm interested in seeing how well received the rallyx events are. I interviewed RFR's GM last semester and we talked about a rallyx expansion at length. I'm glad to see they're trying it out.
I'm betting when the club car breaks halfway through the day and half the people at the event don't get to run, the program won't do very well.

As much as I want rallycross to succeed, it's got the same problem the race program has: not enough local people with cars to run. At least with autocross and PDX you can run your street car with relatively little risk. But how many people have a car they're willing to risk damage to for 10 minutes of racing?

I hope people take a liking to it and go out and build a fleet of cheap little rally cars, but Reno is kinda small to draw a large field.

Here's to hoping the club VW lasts and we can draw NNR/CRS cars to the event and get some local people hooked on the format. If I had room to park another car at my house, I might consider trying to find a MkI GTi or maybe a Justy or something to rally. But I've got too many cars and not enough money for that right now.