View Single Post
Old 2010-04-15, 09:12 AM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Talk to me about the Infiniti G35

Lisa's on the prowl for a new car. We've been looking at the entry-level luxury sport sedan segment, looking to spend around $20k-$25k, preferably on a certified pre-owned car probably a 2007 model year. She wants something nice, leather/heated seats, decent power, preferably AWD but certainly not RWD.

We've looked at the Audi A4, Lexus IS250 AWD, Acura RL (we still haven't driven a TL or TSX). I've been talking up an '08 LGT Limited, but she's not fired up about the looks of the car... she might consider it if they were more like $15k.

So after all this looking around, she saw the '07/'08 G35 Sedan online and ended up really liking it. Which surprised me 'cause I always thought the Coupe was hot, but the Sedan was kinda meh... mostly because the pre-'07 sedans were quite a bit more boring than the newer body style.

So, she's now very interested in an '07 AWD G35 sedan, but with the nearest Infinity dealer in Sacramento, we're in the same boat with it as we are with the Saab... which is no local support for the car should anything break. I know that Nissan dealers aren't allowed to do warranty work on Infinities... otherwise we'd start shopping immediately.

Does anyone have experience with these cars? How reliable are Infinities in general? Are we getting ourselves into another situation where the car she wants now she'll be scared to own once it's out of warranty?