Thread: MBC + ProTune
View Single Post
Old 2006-05-25, 08:48 AM   #10
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Slow to respond where? If the solenoid is programmed not to cycle until 16PSI and then to cycle to maintain 16PSI, how is that different than a MBC?

If it does not cycle at all until 16PSI, the boost should be indistinguishable from a MBC under low RPM conditions, so lag, etc. should be identical. Thus I am confused by your comment of "Spoolup and response are remarkably better." If that is the boost curve you wanted, why could it not be configured in the ECU? I would think not cycleing at all should not be an issue even if the solinoid is "slow".

Again, I am only trying to understand, not dispute.

I am also trying to understand the taper. Is there some other connection to the MBC so it can sense RPM?
I don't know exactly why the stock setup is so slow but it is.

The MBC is connected to two of the three points that the EBC was connected to, the turbo and the wastegate actuator. You plug the connection from the intake with an included cap and it is not used with the MBC.

I'll ask Ed to explain how the taper works. I asked him before but I didn't really get it. It has somthing to do with the bleeder hole on this MBC being the right size I think.