Old 2007-11-20, 12:06 PM   #83
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Unless you count picking up women or impressing ricers as usefulness. Is a Babe Ruth card more useful than a Joe Baseball Player one? It's all just relative value to the owner. The GTR definitely has a more artful feel to it than either a Camry or Miata. It's a car you can stare at and enjoy, something you can't do with your two car scenario. I used to park my RS outside my office window at school and every once in a while I'd glance down at it and be taken back even after 7 years of ownership. There is something to be said for the emotional satisfaction of ownership that a car like a GTR can provide that no DD/Race Car combo can.
What's the "real usefulness" of aesthetics? I'm not disagreeing that there's something to be said for "nice things"... but I'm also not willing to agree that the GTR is "better" than less pleasing-to-the-senses ways of getting the same job done. It's only "better" if you subscribe to the belief that looks are functionally important.

Like I said, I would totally love a supercar... but I could only justify it if I had the cash just lying around.