View Single Post
Old 2012-06-14, 08:35 AM   #1
Jeikun
EJ22

Car: 2006 WRX Limited
Class: little to none
Default So I bought a CBE exhaust...

And I was wondering what all was needed and where to find it.

I purchased an HKS Carbon-Ti off of someone on NASIOC and I have a pretty good idea of what parts I'll need but not sure where to source it.

I know that'll need a 3 in. gasket for the dp to the midpipe, but I'm not sure if I'll need one from the midpipe to the axelback. Do I just buy any old 3'' flat gasket? And how many would I need? Where would I find one locally? I can only find this gasket from grimmspeed from rallysportdirect.com.

I also know that there may be an issue with the bolts to connect the dp to the midpipe and I may need a bigger bolt. Can anyone confirm this? If I do, will something like this work?

Should I worry about any kind of exhaust hangers? If I do need them, should I get the extra long ones or should I wait to install it to figure out if I need any hangers at all?

Other than that, it seems pretty straight forward. Remove old exhaust, install new exhaust, ?????, profit.