Thread: Lotus Etna
View Single Post
Old 2005-10-21, 02:02 PM   #19
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R.
Dean: Is it for sale?
No, it is currently keeping that portion of the garage from flying off into space. It's also currlently in the condition known to my family as Bernied(Bernie is my dad's name). This means my father has taken it apart, and only partly put it back together to some extent while having grandiose ideas on all the improvement that he might be able to make to it including putting a toyota transmission in it, relocating the cooling sytem, etc... Some of these were initiated, but never completeted. The top end was also rebuilt for no aperent reason, but put back in witht the cams 360 degrees out of phase, so now there is at least one bent valve as when he found it while turning it over by hand, he did not fix it, but just made sure it was out of gear until some future date. It was then placed in gear during it's move from the bay area which further mangled the valve/valves.

It is a beautiful car, and drives incrediably well for that vintage, but alas, I'm not sure it will ever see the road again... What a waste.

There is a 197, or so Lancia Scorpion sitting right next to it that actually runs last I knew, but has a main seal leak, and getting around to fixing that is not high on the priority list either. That one, I keep threatening to steal and get fixed.

Last edited by Dean; 2005-10-21 at 02:10 PM.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote