View Single Post
Old 2007-05-03, 09:16 PM   #22
Slopoke21m
n00b

Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT, 80sumptin Camaro
Class: 21 TESP

when all else fails.....MAT IT!!!!

.....More of the story.....
This car had been owned by my wife's best friend "Patti" since it was brand new. She was her going to the races partner on Saturday nights for many, many years, as her husband bankrolled many many of the local stock cars at our hometrack in California. Patti passed away 3 years ago and was a true racing fan and I think would approve of her cars new life. Ive totally enjoyed building this car, its been a different experience than all my other racecars. (for one, my old cars only had to turn left) My father was usually my big help back then, and now I get to be the help to Chris. Building my cars on a budget was always a priority, and this one is no different, although money flowed a bit more on this project than the others. But its been fun, especially this thing is only a set of license plates away from being a viable streetable car, (and an adjustment of the camberplates). Hopefully the car will be just enough of a handful to be fun and challenging and be competitive. I won alot of races by half a lap back in California with cars that handled like a dream, but the funnest races were the ones that took 24 1/2 laps to figure out and finally going into the final turn making the perfect corner entry and exit beating the guy next to me by a fender.............ahhhhhhh good times...thank you guys for all your help and see ya soon at the track.