View Single Post
Old 2012-01-09, 03:24 PM   #24
JC
Ask me about dubs!

Car: 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Probably not. I'm just not sure that the Miata will be better fun/dollar than the WRX. I'm going to try running them both this coming season.

Theoretically, the WRX should be pretty good-to-go once Cory and Matt finish up the motor. It's a *lot* faster than the Miata will ever be unless I spend $10,000 on the Miata, which would probably be less reliable than the WRX. But as long as the Miata is fun "enough" and allows me to go to the track on cheap 15" tires and cheap brakes pads and 87 octane... well then the WRX probably should go. 4 cars is really the limit for my house... the 2 Outbacks as daily drivers, the truck we use all the time (surprisingly), and a weekend/track car. Any more and I end up having to park one in the back yard with the trailer... which the wife isn't thrilled about.
Why not just have 1 outback, DD the truck and have a track car? I'm sure extra gas cost for the truck is less than insurance and maintenance on another car. Growing up sucks huh? At least you have a fun car, all I have is a boring ass base model Legacy right now.