View Single Post
Old 2006-04-19, 04:10 PM   #16
dustinr
EJ18

Car: '04 Porsche Turbo X50, '05 STi, '05 Evo MR, '02 Ducati 998, '02 Ducati MH900e

love the quote "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
That's funny, I never expect to get passed on a double yellow, you know 'cause a double yellow explicitly means "no passing".

Just like I don't expect people to blow stop signs and red lights, 'cause they explicitly mean "stop"... and a million other rules of the road. Anytime I see someone directly violate a traffic law, it raises the "WTF is that idiot doing" flag... i.e. passing over a double yellow (especially passing a truck!?) is an idiot move.

What are you in such a hurry for anyway?
So you never drive over the speed limit? That's a traffic law. I call BS if you say no...

I drive Nugget Ave all the time, and the majority of the time it's a ghost town. You can see from one end to the other and there's only one street that intersects and 2 driveways at the end closest to McCarran.

There where no intersections where I passed and if you say it was unsafe because there are two yellow lines painted on the road you must have problems thinking for yourself. If you can't decide for yourself what's safe and unsafe without a traffic sign then I'm sorry. I'm talking safety, not legality.

If we were climbing a 2 lane mountain pass and you were in a semi and I was in kia stuck behind you, I wouldn't dare attempt a pass with a closing speed of 2 mph, that's unsafe.

A long flat straight away with no intersections, a car which can pass in 2 to 3 seconds, zero traffic; it's not unsafe to pass, it's illegal.

I have different ethics I guess, I've always been the type of driver that if faster traffic is behind me I move over and if I can't move over I'll wave them by if it's safe to do so, whether it's double yellow or not.

I guess it's motorcycle habits.

Funny though that I see rex's all over town that I know I've seen at the meets, and they always want to play drag race whether I'm driving the STi, the Evo or the bike. So don't pretend that your club is holy'er than thou... some of you are part of the dark side...