View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 11:54 PM   #1
Jeikun
EJ22

Car: 2006 WRX Limited
Class: little to none
Default LED lights and DIY Mudflaps

I was thinking of doing a few things to my car over winter break. First, I want to install LED lights in my cup holds and in the back seats. Second, I want to make some DIY mudflaps from Ikea cutting boards and third, I want to paint my tail lights red (search NASIOC if you dont know what I mean).

My idea for the LEDs was to splice into my footwell lighting kit and run wires to the cupholders where I'll drill into the holder to install the lights. I also plan on making a condom like cover for the lights so they're not too bright. What I'm asking for here is advice on my plan and some help splicing into the wires. I've done some research but I'm still not entirely clear how to find how many volts I can get from the lighting kit and be able to run the desired number of LEDS. I'm also not sure how to splice into a wire. Again, I've done some research, but I still dont feel all that confident about doing it. Also, is this plan possible or is there a better way?

For the mudflaps and painting, I've pretty much got that under control. Does anyone want me to get some cutting boards for them?