Old 2004-02-09, 04:36 PM   #20
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
The Legacy brake swap (aka H6 swap) is just bigger, vented rotors and caliper brackets. Small increase in brake torque, good increase in fade resistance. Should be plenty for autocross, and sufficient for the track.

I thought you had 2 sets of 17" wheels? Selling 17" competition wheels in favor of RS wheels or 16" rotas for autocross would probably net you a profit.
Well, I need three sets of rims: snow, summer, and race. Right now I'm running stockers, P1's, and Rota Attacks for those jobs. If I were to get a set of RS rims, I could just swap my Blizzaks on 'em and be done with it. But I'd still have to find a way to trade my WRX rims for RS rims.

As far as racing on RS rims... they would be faster for acceleration, but the Azenis (my preferred race tire) only come in 215/45/16, so I'd be giving up width, and frankly it actually makes a difference, ask Theo, he raced on Stockers w/ Azenis last season and ended up w/ a less traction than me on the 225/45/17's. It's a shame that Falken doesn't make a wide size selection for the Azenis Sports, but that's what keeps 'em cheap I guess. I'd love some 245/35/16's on RS rims for race tires!!