View Single Post
Old 2007-04-17, 11:39 AM   #46
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Running exactly what K-Dogg is asking about (225/45/17 Azenis on a 17 X 7.5 +48 on a wagon), I did have rub, even with -2.2* of camber and the rubber strip removed. Now I have only -2* of camber in the rear and they don't rub at all. The only difference is that replacing the Eibach's with Crucial Racing Springs has raised the rear a touch and they have higher spring rates.

If bugeye and peanut eye wagons have the same clearance in the rear, I think K-Dogg will be fine since we basically have the same rear springs, but he might need to get a similar alignment to mine. If anything, I think peanut eyes may be able to fit slightly wider tires.

http://www.crucialracing.com/products/springs.php

Quote:
These are the same high performance spring rates as the highly-lauded and thoroughly-tested JDM STi "Pinks," but the Crucial springs have better materials quality, smoother progressive rates (plus are progressive both front and rear, while the JDM Pinks are only progressive on the rear, and linear front), offer slightly more drop up front for a nicer, more even stance (JDM Pinks are 1.0" both front and rear on WRX, 10mm front/rear on STi)...