Old 2005-05-22, 09:12 PM   #18
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen
Same here. Looks classy to me, carries the white/black theme across the car nicely, and breaks up the all-black hood. I think JC likes it too, which is why he seems hesitant to paint the hood

Oh and Scott, your car is the closest to rice out of anyone here

"Classy" eh? That's why you see unfinished body panels on cars like these too eh:

Like I said, I've got no problem w/ C/F hoods, since they're *way* lighter than the stock steel hood, and esp since that's weight up front where Imprezas already have too much. But if you're gonna leave it unpainted, don't pretend you're not going after the "ricer look"... very few cars can pull off the raw C/F hood look... maybe a race car that's already totally minimal.... but even then that's pushing it, as I can't remember seeing too many race cars w/ C/F hoods. On a street car, I think you should paint your body panels, or get used to people like me talking shit.

As far as my rice-mobile... I think my wing might count as "rice", even if though it's wind tunnel tested to reduce lift. Perhaps you're talking about the stickers that *used* to be on my car... 'course those stickers got me a free EcuTek reflash, 5 hours of dyno time, and eventually led to a StopTech sponsorship. What else is ricey? My Enkei rims maybe? Sure Enkei's are popular w/ the "ricer" crowd since they're cheap, but 17x8", 15.6lbs, and they fit over my StopTechs... they seem like pretty good wheels, and I think the McClaren F1 and Mitsubishi WRC teams agree w/ me. Did I miss anything?