The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
If I wasnt' clear about it, I've always had the Axxis Ultimates on both the fronts and rears. I just wore the front's out faster than the rears. So the last time I put new Ultimates on the front, I left the existing Ultimates on the rear.
No, I just don't read to good.

Don't know about other sources, but the EBCs were pretty cheap from TireRack. They were out of greens in Sparks a couple weeks back though.

If you like the Axxis, spare sets are always good to have. You really can't track them with much less than 1/2 to 1/4 pad anyway or they can't take the heat.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Are you running the stock pad spacer dealies? These sometimes are good, and sometimes bad. sometimes they shield heat, sometimes they make the pedal softer as they and/or the goo between them gets hot.
Having never done a brake job myself, I'm not sure what's in there, I can only guess they're as OEM as possible. Wanna help me do my next brake job? I figure I'm competant enough to do it myself, but I've always wanted someone to walk me through it the 1st time just to make sure I don't miss something. Brakes are too important to "wing it", IMO. Plus, and tips on firiming up the pedal would be appreciated!