View Single Post
Old 2004-09-25, 02:30 PM   #1
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe
Default I got sideswiped by a potato truck (no joke)

Here we go again. I must be extraordinarily unlucky this year. Rachel & I were in Winnemucca this morning, and got sideswiped by a potato container truck.

He was in the left lane and I was in the right at an intersection. He turned right at the light, and as soon as I saw him doing so, I laid on the horn and tried to get away to the right, but did not have enough time or room. His truck scraped along the driver's side of the car and dragged us against the curb. At least he stopped the truck before the rear wheels drove up on us!

I was able to drive it to a body shop and was hoping to get the fender walls banged out enough to limp it home. However, a mechanic looked at it, then recommended not driving it due to damage in the engine compartment near some of the airbag sensors. Bah! I had to rent a car there to get home. And now I need to return the car to Winnemucca and get another ride home.

Tyson, are you in Reno this weekend, or could I have gotten lucky & you are in Winnemucca, coming home tomorrow?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_0189.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	1300  

dknv is offline   Reply With Quote