Old 2004-01-09, 08:59 AM   #8
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZER026D
I could only get a 1/4 the way through that. What I get out of the whole ordeal is that any company that has to make changes to there product so many times means they have problems. I meen how would you feel if you got a product that is being changed as much as a PC you will never have a product you can call the best.

One last thing you should have got TEIN. I have had no problems they have not made new versions they are teflon coated so they dont rust. I can not say one bad thing about them. The only thing is I wish I had the EDFC cause it is a PITA ass to adjust the dampening in the rear.
I agree the Tien's are dope coils, but I found out they're not inverted struts! The inverted struts decrease unsprung weight and allow the shocks to work more quickly. And although the JIC's are only "single adjustable", i.e. there's only one knob, that knob adjusts both bound and rebound, whereas other struts allow you to adjust only the rebound valving. Plus the JIC's adjustment knobs are on the bottom .

My beef isn't with the struts themselves, it's with JIC's US importer/distributor, Ziel Motorsports. More specifically, it seems like engineers at JIC-USA/Ziel are even pretty good, it's just the customer service side of things that blows!

The fact that JIC was willing to make revisions to their product for the US market, and then to keep making revisions after the product was released is a very good thing. It shows they care about making a good product here in the US, unlike some of the other Japanese companies that just release parts over here that are exactly the same as the Japanese part, simply looking to make more money. Tien's the same way as JIC, they added the teflon coating to address the rusting issues that people on the east coast were having due to road salt... that's good business!