Old 2010-12-09, 09:50 AM   #15
GusGus91
EJ205

Car: 2006 WRB WRX TR, 2008 LR STI
Class: Too classy

Dont sweat the petty... Pet the sweaty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Why do you want WiFi? It adds significantly to the price of a set with minimal functionality. Plug an old PC in if you want real web functionality.

I watch streamed, captured and Downloaded content on my lowly 50" 720p projection 3 X LCD from the attached P4 3.6Ghz PC all the time and it rocks. You need more HP to watch 1080p, but you get the idea.

And don't let the 1080p hype fool you, unless you are watching blu-ray, you are not watching 1080p.

ABC, ESPN, FOX, Speed and other sports networks are almost all 720p, while the other majors are 1080i. 720p upconverts OK to 1080 and 1080i downconverts to 720 OK, but they both look better on a native resolution display. If you are a sports guy a cheap 720p plasma may actually be a great option.
The wifi sounded intriguing at the time when I saw it. But, I just realized i only wanted it for the netflix streaming to the tv, which I have on my xbox anyway. As far as 1080p, I was planning on watching Blu-Ray, and Playing GT5 on the new TV. I'm not really into sports either. Just motorsports, and winter sports. I'm going to go down to costco today, since they seemed to have the best prices that I've seen so far. I'll update if I come home w/ anything.