Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Too bad the front/rear Wilwood systems for the WRX suck. I do know I will not be upgrading my brakes further until I find something that will increase braking power, not just fade resistance.
What source do you have for this assertion? I have not thuroughly researched the Wilwoods, but they appear to be the same Superlite 6s I have on my Stealth for the fronts, and I'm not sure which 4 pots for the rear? The 6 pots are quite impressive IMHO. Is this just a dust sheild issue, or is there imperical data out there on the Wilwoods?
The Wilwoods flex like Hanz and Franz under heavy pressure. Causes poor pedal feel. I had only heard this as a rumor until recently, but then a customer came into S-Squared complaining of poor pedal feel. 3 liters of bleeding later, it still felt like crap. Finally, during the last bleed session, Nate noticed the calipers flexing about 15 degrees before full pedal pressure had been reached. These were the 4 pot calipers, btw, which should be actually stiffer than the 6 pots.