View Single Post
Old 2012-02-26, 08:05 AM   #9
knucklesplitter
EJ205

Wish in one hand and sh*t in the other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
I probably don't know what I am talking about but couldn't you make the intake manifold and TGV into a single piece?
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesplitter
Manifolds to bolt to TGV's for now, and TGV-less versions later.
  • Everybody hates the TGV's, but once they are ported, they are a nice gradual, smooth transition from a round port in the manifold to the heart-shaped port in the head. The engineer that designed them did a nice job really. It's a good port shape, but unfortunately interrupted by the TGV flapper and divider.
  • A manifold that bolts to the TGV is simpler, quicker to develop, and less expensive, so people who already have ported TGV's (and there are lots of them) will be arguably better off.
  • When I do a TGV-less manifold it will be for top feed injectors only, so people with 04-06 STI and 05-09 Legacy GT would be left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
Are you designing for 450hp+ because the stock manifold is adequate for less hp?
I may do a "street" version with smaller/longer runners. But under 400-450whp I don't think the intake manifold is holding people back much. But still, the stock WRX/STI intake manifold is a poor design at any power level if there is an FMIC.

Last edited by knucklesplitter; 2012-02-26 at 09:02 AM.
knucklesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote