Old 2011-03-14, 03:38 PM   #16
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
At least with autocross and PDX you can run your street car with relatively little risk. But how many people have a car they're willing to risk damage to for 10 minutes of racing?
That's usually the perception from people out side of the sport. Having been to 60+ autocrosses and 30+ rally crosses. I've done more damage to my STI @ PDX than i have at rally cross. I bet there's more $$$ of damage per driver at a PDX then at a rally cross.

cody had a high speed off at a PDX that Easily could have been a roll over with a car total. maybe you forgot

But hey go ahead thinking that , go ahead telling everyone one that, but don't wonder when turn out suffers. lol

Maybe you should compete in a rally cross sometime, or even watch videos of them?

People can and have crashed or rolled cars at auto cross, and its happened at rally cross.

Even though i disagree with your perception, .. A large % of the reno SCCA member agree with you, and for that reason yes it might fail.

My GF and I just Rally crossed my sti last weekend, she did great (and beat over 1/2 the guys) we are looking forward to the local events here, and i bet at least 10 others from sacramento come up .. we did lose a fender liner though.

the club VW ... could be in trouble though .. Lots of novice (to dirt) drivers , and everyone with the "well its not my car" syndrome ...

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote