View Single Post
Old 2008-10-22, 10:35 AM   #165
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

Dean, there are 3 computers on the network. Hardwired comp, roomies laptop and my computer. Then my Xbox is hardwired as well.

I'll try moving the router, it is close to the computers, maybe that's something.

No, I meant, 90% of the routers that people have in my neighborhood are Linksys. So maybe I did mean what you said, Scotty.

I will try the firmware update, but not until I switch channels, I haven't been home to do these things.

Also, does the length of my cable going from my Xbox to the router matter? I didn't think so because I could play online right off the bat, but every so often I get issues when playing. I.e. I'll be looking for a game for like 10 minutes and it will never find a game even tho people are playing. I will be joining a game and it will never join. I will be joining a game and it will say "you must be signed into Xbox Live to play online" when I am online then boot me back to the lobby.

I'm trying to be specific. I know how many things could cause all this crap so I'm trying to help you guys help me. Also, I regularly submit issues to our help-desk about our shitty ass $40,000,000 program, so I know the more facts I give, the better you are able to help me.