View Single Post
Old 2004-09-26, 06:31 PM   #14
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Hey, thanks everybody for your condolences and offers of help, and joking. I needed some smileys ...
An angel came through and gave me a ride back from Winnemucca today. Thank you angel! Cack, what a long drive both ways in one day.
Now comes the hateful wait to find out what it will cost to repair, and what insurance is going to do with that information. I'm guessing it's gonna cost alot to fix - left side body panels, side mirror, front bumper, xenon headlight, windshield, rear door is stuck shut, and torn metal on both fenders scraping against the tires. We were also pushed up & over the curb - so the alignment and frame will need to be checked, and all 4 wheels are damaged.
I love that car! I love its looks, and it is wonderfully fun to drive on the streets, but was not as competitive as I hoped it would be in autox. As many of you know, I had also been concerned about taking it to a track, and the Fernley incident only served to amplify my concern. But if it can be fixed - then I just hope it won't take too long. If its totalled - I don't have any idea what I'll do next.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_0197.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	1301  

dknv is offline   Reply With Quote