View Single Post
Old 2006-04-19, 02:26 PM   #1
dustinr
EJ18

Car: '04 Porsche Turbo X50, '05 STi, '05 Evo MR, '02 Ducati 998, '02 Ducati MH900e

love the quote "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"
Default Pissed one of you off today...

I never forget a face, but am horrible with names. I pissed one of you off today (Fundis Truck Driver)...twice even, what are the odds.

I appologize.

I know that truck drivers deal with a-hole drivers day in and day out, I hear about it from my two drivers all the time.

First off I passed you on a double yellow while heading to lunch. Didn't mean to piss you off with that one; If I'm driving a slower vehicle and there's a long straight-away I expect to get passed by cars, even if it's a double yellow. So it never occured to me that it might upset some drivers, sorry.

Then secondly, on my way back from lunch I turned onto McCarran from Nugget under a protected right turn (green light) and headed instantly over to the fast lane cause I have to take a left at the next light. I saw a semi in the middle lane and either I didn't notice your turn signal or you turned it on after I was already past the rear of your truck, but you started to come over into my lane when I was about to the front of your trailer. Not that big of a deal, spooked me a bit at first, but I'm level headed enough to avoid without incident.

Having ridden motorcycles for years, I understand how it happens. Drivers have a hard time estimating the closing speeds of other vehicles, especially motorcycles and some cars which also accelerate quickly. You glance in your mirror and there's nothing there, and by the time you turn your signal on and start to change lanes there's now a bike or car there.

I appologize for that, if I had seen that you had a turn signal on I would have never attempted to pass.

You must have been steamed to follow me all the way to my work, and then to tell me that I'm going to wrap myself around a tree. Funny how perspective changes everything. You perceived that I was driving like a crazed lunatic because I passed you on a double yellow on a long straight-away with zero traffic, and because an hour later I went by you again at over 3 times your speed (you 20mph, me 60mph) while you were attempting to change lanes (which I wasn't aware of until you started coming over). I'm pretty sure I can drive 60mph without endangering myself or anyone else... but like I said, perspective changes everything.