Old 2006-05-08, 07:56 AM   #12
Speedtoy
n00b

Car: 05 baja Turbo 5spd
Class: Yellow Bus
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Can't, that's purely a function of tires and driving surface provided you have enough brake friction to lock up the tires, which you do. What better pads will do for you is reduce the amount of force you have to put on the pedal to achieve lockup, and therefore the amount of time you have to spend on the brakes to get there. It also reduces the amount of time it takes to go from throttle -> threshold braking -> throttle.
?

"I was standing on the pedal and only felt the ABS engage when I was on the more gravelly portions of the course."

This tells me he could use more friction on the non-sucky surfaces. If he said he was lockin up on dry, smooth, clean surface, that would be different.

But..HPS is a close-to-stock replcaement for most cars. Some cars its a better pad, most cars its about par, and for properly designed sports car..its a worse pad.

I would suggest the R4-S, and if you wanna tune your braking system, you can mix in R-41, which carry HUGE friction levels cold, but do not use them where you expect higher than 600d temps. Street (not street racing)and autox is ok up front, and just about any non pure-roadrace use in the rear is perfect. But again, thats goin out there and tuning your braking system for what you use it for.

Last edited by Speedtoy; 2006-05-08 at 08:00 AM.
Speedtoy is offline   Reply With Quote