View Single Post
Old 2006-05-09, 04:29 PM   #16
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

I ran greens and reds in the stock calipers, and was quite happy with them, and did not have any more "eating" rotors than with any other pad. I think I still have a set in the rear of the WRX that just won't die. EBC makes good stuff at reasonable prices IMHO.

I'm not sure you can convince me that ground up ceramic, and base metals, and some fancy epoxy on a metal plate is worth $200+ a set.

I will not descend into commenting on naming them after colors other than to say that they are not the only major pad manufacturer that does, and how many different letters can you add after R4 before it gets confusing?

I think MikeK ran reds at some point as well in his WRX.

Nothing will make up for an undersized caliper, and aggressive driving at the track. We all appear to like the ultimates, but Scott has proven they can't handle the heat at the track.

And I will continue to say this... ROTORS ARE A WEAR ITEM! Expect to replace, resurface, etc. them. This is amplified 100 fold by tracking them. At high temperatures, imperfections in ANY pad, or rotor can cause lines, groves, etc. to appear. they may or may not clear up with post track street driving/pad changes.

People are willing to pay $200+ for a set of pads, but bitch about rotor wear??? I got a full set of stock WRX rotors delivered for under $100.