Old 2010-10-14, 08:49 AM   #19
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I am jealous and it looks like you need a bigger trailer.
Thanks guys. It came out pretty damn good. The landscapers did a fantastic job leveling the area and setting the ties down. It could probably use a little more gravel, but it's got decent coverage for now, and it's not like I move the trailer a lot.

I tried to make the parking spot big enough for my 18' trailer (it's actually 22' long including the hitch), plus a 15' car... but I think I'm about 1 or 2 feet short. Maybe with some creative angling of the trailer it'd work. Making the spot any longer would have resulted in being too close to the house for the walkway to the new man-gate that I put in to the front yard.

Ultimately, I'd like a 24' enclosed trailer. There's really about 33'-44' of space, depending on how much of the angled gate area you can squeeze into, so anything I'm ever going to have should fit easily. I just figured if I'm going through all the effort to put this in, I should make it as large as practical for the space I've got, since it's eventually a selling point for the house to anyone with a big camper, toy hauler, boat, or something.