View Single Post
Old 2012-03-08, 09:58 AM   #7
knucklesplitter
EJ205

Wish in one hand and sh*t in the other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Phister View Post
I want the amount of fuel delivered to be controlled by the ECU and not an external device. It's my understanding that the existing secondary injector drivers have their own look up tables and sensor inputs. That doesn't sound as ideal as an ECU that can drive the secondaries directly or indirectly.

The indirect approach would require the injector latencies in the ECU to move to the secondary controller.

I'd like to have stock or smaller than stock primary injectors with good blending control to huge injectors. To the ECU it would just look like there where massive injectors. But you'd have great fueling at low loads/RPM.

I'd go MOTEC if the check engine light and OBDII port worked the same (or close). I know I'd still have to worry about making 8 injectors look stock for a SMOG check.
There are a lot of people daily-driving 850cc injectors these days, and those idle fine at 900rpm or less, and they drive fine at low load. Unless you need more injector than that I don't think it is even worth the thought experiment.

Another option is to go standalone 11.5+ months out of the year and swap in the stock ECU for smog. It is a hassle, but I know many Cali folks do much more swapping than that just to pass smog.
knucklesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote