View Single Post
Old 2008-02-14, 04:55 PM   #1
renoguy20
EJ18

Car: 2005, Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
Default New Emissions Check

Well I figured that Id go down and try to smog my car with the Cobb AP married but realtime map being stock mode. All the necessary sensors are there, both o2's, egt... Passed the visual but the car for some reason did not pass, it got rejected. Smog tech told me that this is a new system this year. The reason for the reject were o2 sensor not ready, and catalyst monitor not ready.

He said that these monitors don't set for a couple of miles, But i'm assuming that they may not ever set with the ap married stage 2 base map, stock married realtime map. Of course I switched the maps and drove just a few miles to the smog inspection station and this may be the cause for the monitors not setting yet. Has anyone just tried passing smog with stage 2 base and realtime map (Assuming you pass the visual inspection)? I'm curious how cobb eliminates the cel codes, is it just extending the parameters, or ignoring the afflicting sensors completely?

I put the stock dp on and flasshed base back to stock and then passed, but just curious if stage 2 (cattles) would pass as is with cobb map (of course without a visual inspection)?
renoguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote