View Single Post
Old 2006-03-16, 06:32 PM   #1
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.
Default Social Security is crap!

[old foggy rant]
Got my Social Security statement today...

Why in the hell does it exist.

At retirement age (currently 62) in 2028 Social Security will pay me less than 2/3rds what I made when I was 24, 1990.(the first year I "reported" 5 figure income)

If I wait until 67, 2033, it will still be shy $1000 a year. And the cost of living will be how much higher in 2033 vs. 1990?

If I wait until 70 I finally break what I made in 90 by a bit, but not 91 or beyond.

What crap. I would have been better off putting the money in a f'ing cookie jar.

I have already paid in more than they will pay me back in 5 years 22 years from now. And they wan't me to keep paying them for those 22 years for that crap payout... How F'd is that?

And then there is this wonderful statement...

"Your Estimate is based on current law. Congress has made changes to the law in the past and can do so at any time. The law governing benefit amounts may change because by 2041, [if not a whole lot damn sooner, there will be no f'ing money left!]"

But keep paying us cause we are teh big wonderpul gobement, and wi tak kars of ya.

F' Me!

Hope you yougins is saving some money cause there aint going to be any left by the time you retire.

[/ofr]

Last edited by Dean; 2006-03-16 at 06:35 PM.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote