Old 2006-03-16, 09:18 PM   #8
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
I heard today that if you make more than what equals $50K USD in Germany in a year, 85% of your income goes to taxes. Could be complete BS. Anyone know?

As much as I hate paying money to what I consider worthless causes when there are what I consider to be much more important causes that I wish that money went toward, I've never complained about the amount of money the gov't takes from me. I feel super fortunate to live as well as I do, as easily as I do. Yes I worked hard to put myself through a Junior College education (shush ), but life is pretty damn easy in America if you ask me. I've had no financial help from anyone since my Junior year in HS and I've always been able to afford the essentials and then some.

God, I almost sound patriotic. Scary.
Hey if you're okay with paying into a system that will throw away all your money simply because you think the US is a great place to live and because you're life is easy, then just send me a check each month for whatever you can spare. That way someone will be doing something with the money you don't need besides throwing it down the drain.

Just because the broken system doesn't effect your daily life, doesn't make that system not broken.