View Single Post
Old 2006-03-16, 11:05 PM   #11
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Hey if you're okay with paying into a system that will throw away all your money simply because you think the US is a great place to live and because you're life is easy, then just send me a check each month for whatever you can spare. That way someone will be doing something with the money you don't need besides throwing it down the drain.

Just because the broken system doesn't effect your daily life, doesn't make that system not broken.
Wait, so you want the money that currently goes to the American government? Are you going to provide me with a setting that allows a comparable quality of life somewhere else?

I thought I was pretty clear when I said that I am not happy about where the gov't spends my money. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with being thankful for the quality of life that living in this country affords me. We're all very fortunate that we are in this particular region of the spinning rock we call earth. We could have been born in one of many fucked up countries, where people would laugh at us for complaining. Poor Americans have it so rough.

Of course SS is broken, and the gov't should just admit it, as sombody else already mentioned...but I tend to get more angry over things like unjustified war, environmental destruction, domestic violence, drug abuse, national debt ($7 Trillion), FORIGN POLICY, CORRUPT POLITICIANS, and all of the other issues that are plaguing our country. I don't like the current posture of our gov't at all in fact.

As far as medical insurance, I agree it sucks for most people in the states to have to fend for themselves. But personally, I have no reason to complain. I pay $170/mo for medical, dental and vision through two individual plans I found for myself. I just went to medicalinsurance.com or somthing. They're good PPO plans too.

I do need to start paying money into my IRA's again. SS and Medicaire aren't going to cut it.
cody is offline   Reply With Quote