View Single Post
Old 2006-04-20, 10:17 AM   #39
dustinr
EJ18

Car: '04 Porsche Turbo X50, '05 STi, '05 Evo MR, '02 Ducati 998, '02 Ducati MH900e

love the quote "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nKoan
Maybe, but I just want to help you understand why people are pissed off at you. If you want to think I'm just raging, and ignore my advice so be it, but do that at your own risk.

It takes a lot of balls to originally post this thread, but to honestly think you have a defensible position is sad. You do, though, have some credibility for apologizing. I think I'm done acting like your mom, so I'll shut up, but please realize you aren't the only person on the road, and that you can't know everything it all times. Every day I have to read stories by jackass kids who are driving like maniacs where my friends and family drive every day, and the last thing I need is for my grandpa to be hit in a head-on with some kid in a bugeye who was 'impatient'
I don't mind criticism, I do mind insults. Hence my facetious responses.

My original intention was to apologize to Matt, and of course, being on a forum, there are those that feel it their responsibility to society to chastise and insult in order to get their point across that I drive like an ass. Easy to make over generalizations when your reading about an incident and not actually witnessing it, but so be it. I admit that I drive more aggressive than your average person, but I also guarantee that my situational awareness and self preservative instincts are on par. This isn't my first sports car either.My dad had me racing shifter karts when I was a kid and I started buying high performance cars and bikes in the early 90's and I put myself through numerous riding and driving schools and even raced in a few Formula Mazda races and some AFM events. And to be honest, after riding and racing bikes, driving a car at it's limit is a lot easier. Being unsmooth in a car is a lot more forgiving than being unsmooth on a bike. But anyway ... I apologize again for stepping on anyone's driving sensibilities.