View Single Post
Old 2006-11-08, 06:45 PM   #1
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP
Default Nevada ballot questions summary

1,2,5,6, and 8 passed, 4,7,9,10 and 11 failed. That's how I personally voted, except I also voted for 4 (hedging my bet so to speak) and 7. Yes, I voted for legalized marijuana... toking up is a retarded thing to do, but frankly I don't think it's criminal and the resources wasted on enforcing drug laws are ridiculous.
Question one was kindergarten funding... no brainer there.
Question 2 was a state-level restriction on the Eminent Domain can of worms the Supreme Court opened up earlier in the year, another no-brainer.
3 was removed (what was it anyway? I don't recall hearing about it, but then again I wasn't listening very hard).
Question 4 and 5 were smoking bans. The stronger of the two passed.
Question 6 raised minimum wage to a whopping $6.18 when you aren't getting employee paid benefits, and $5.18 if you are.
Question 8 was the sales tax credit on vehicle trade-ins- yeah, the voting public would love to pay the state government a few hundred (sometimes thousands) extra every time we buy a car from a dealer.
Question 9 was about the choosing of the Board of Regents for the University system. I voted no because I don't generally agree with term limits, and those are not really political postions. Plus I didn't like some of the details the measure would implement.
And Questions 10 and 11 were just silly- the State Legislature wants power to call itself into special sessions, AND get paid extra when they do so? Roffle!

but most importantly for SECCS... Bully's is going to be a hell of a lot more pleasant place to be on nights where we don't get our reserved room!

Oh, question 3 was budget shenanigans by tax activists. If Nevadans don't like the state's budget, they should just elect people who will reduce it...

Last edited by Kevin M; 2006-11-08 at 06:56 PM.
Kevin M is offline   Reply With Quote