Thread: lift kit
View Single Post
Old 2019-06-06, 07:09 PM   #8
jerr02
n00b

Curious what kit you end up with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M View Post
King and Scorpion both make Subaru lift kits IIRC. Effectively they are springs and strut top spacers, and they work reasonably well. As for tires, you still won't be able to fit a whole ton more underneath the car without some issues. I've seen pictures of 29" Swampers on a Subaru that was lifted, but I can't comment how well it works other than to note that it will put a TON more torque on your axles and wheel bearings, so be prepared to replace both at more frequent intervals. They'll also hurt acceleration, braking, and fuel economy more as you go larger. If it were me, I'd do the lift but not go much bigger on tires. I've considered doing a Forester/Outback lift kit on an Impreza to fit Forester/Outback tires.
My uncle is looking at a '99 a next project. It will gonna be a weekend toy. We'll take a look at it right after we finished installing the skid plate and a few jeep aftermarket parts on the Wrangler project. Seen some good reviews about Scorpion kits, we'll take a closer look at their stuff.
jerr02 is offline   Reply With Quote