Thread: Low Boost
View Single Post
Old 2006-11-06, 10:42 PM   #16
100_Percent_Juice
(40 percent vodka)

Car: 2004WRX
Class: Baby-Hauler/GroceryGetter
Thumbs up

You guys are not very good at reading and THEN answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Also, give a stock bypass valve a try. The RFL may not be leaking under no load, but if the springs are set incorrectly it will leak boost at a specific pressure... like 9.2 psi. The car will also run better in general. Given a choice between the intake and the BOV, I'd recommend the intake instead, because Cobb has maps for it.
I dont have either an intake or an RFL, those were 2 things that WERE on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice
I have a TBE, HKS SSQV and am running the cobb stage 2 91 octane map. I have an aftermarket defi boost gauge that I installed about 2 weeks ago.
__________________________________________________ _____________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Okay, not to come off harsh, but if you haven't heard those terms before, you haven't done any research about the AP yet.
If you want to use the correct terms its unmarry instead of divorce. Hence the joke.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK
The AP has the ability to read the boost value from the ECU in real time. I would try this first to see whether the boost is actually low or whether the boost gauge is just reading low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice
Both the gauge and the AP read the same psi with a max of 9.2.
Thanks for the help guys, it would help me more if you fully read my post, so you could fully understand the problem and so we can both save time.
100_Percent_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote