Old 2006-03-09, 11:05 PM   #38
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckie
I will be running 6+ psi . And for all you people who don't have any faith in my setup, lets take a nice reasonable bet =D. For the first 10 people who want to bet me 20 bucks I dont brake 375 horse I will more than gladly take that bet . Keep in mind this would be a a jump of 145 horse from the stock engine and thats IF my engine is running absolutely perfect . Who would like to take the bet? I will make the list here in the thread, and come on...its only 20 bucks ^_^(200 for me). So make me eat my words.
So now the bet is 375 instead of 400? You're at least getting more realistic.

Let's do some math:

stock crank hp: 230
stock dyno'd wheel hp: 133 (from my car)
that's a loss of 42% assuming my motor is somehow still putting out the stock rated crank power (I'm sure it's not, but neither is yours more than likely).

So, assuming 42% loss, 375 crank hp is 217.6 awhp. If you want to go with those numbers, then I won't take your bet. In fact, I think 220 awhp is probably very close to what you're going to see when you dyno that car.

I just don't want to see you disapointed when the car doesn't throw down 330 awhp on the dyno. 220 awhp is a gain of 87 hp at the wheels! I spent well over $10,000 getting my 198 awhp WRX to 290 awhp. Keep your expectations realistic, or you're going to end up with a sick-ass SVX that you hate because you're going to feel like it's not living up to the beast you're making up in your head.