View Single Post
Old 2008-01-28, 03:05 PM   #1
warnoldscu
EJ18

Car: 2005 Legacy GT 5MT
Default FS: 2005 Legacy GT, <2000 miles on new motor, 300AWHP

Hey Guys, this is my Subaru, I've spent some summers in Reno and met some of you guys but have been living in Cali for the last couple years. My Legacy is in great shape and has been well taken car of. I'm in Palo Alto but I have a feeling there might be more interest in the Reno area.... also I make frequent Reno trips on the weekends so if you're interested don't hesitate to contact me because of the distance!

Price lowered:
$19,000 on the forums (going to try Reno craigslist for $20K)... I'm heading to ebay pretty soon with this guys so go ahead and make me an offer!

This truly is a one-of-a-kind Legacy; with these modifications this car is considerably faster than stock, yet drives well with minimal turbo lag. This motor puts out about 300 horsepower to all four wheels (faster than stock STI and EVO). It has a brand new motor with less than 2,000 miles on it and the chassis has approximately 30,000. The miles on the motor were mainly for breaking it in and now I drive it only occasionally since I have a new car. The modifications, which are valued at over $15,000 and were all professionally installed, include the following:

Engine/transmission (installed by FIA Motorsports):
Brand new 2007 STI block
PE 1820 turbo (new with block)
Custom front mount intercooler (made by TDC Tuning)
Perrin big MAF intake
APS turbo inlet hose
Helix 860cc injectors
TGV deletes
Full 3” custom turboback exhaust with cat
Exedy clutch and lightweight flywheel
Kartboy short-throw shifter

Tuned with Cobb Accessport

Suspension (installed by LIC Motorsports):
GP Motor fully adjustable coilovers, height and dampening
Cusco front/rear swaybars
225/40/18 Falken Azenis on 18x8” Krimson K2 rims (rims not readily available in U.S.)
Also included are the 4 stock tires (Potenza RE92’s) and 17” rims.

Electronics/other (installed by local car audio company in Reno, NV):
Memphis 12” subwoofer with custom linoleum box in trunk
Memphis front speakers
Memphis amps
Prestige alarm system with 2-way remote
Hardwired for Valentine 1 radar detector
Boost and EGT gauges, custom install in "cubby" above stereo, match stock gauges

I have taken meticulous care of this car, inside and out. The interior is literally in perfect condition and the sound system is fantastic. The exterior is in great shape as well, though there are some very minor spots in the paint on the bumper from regular driving (I’m being picky).

The car was in one accident over a year ago in which the front right side of the car took some cosmetic damage, but it was covered by insurance and there is no longer any sign of the incident.

As one might assume, the reason for the new motor is because the last one was ruined. When I started modifying the car, I did the work on my own and ended up damaging the motor. This incident is why you’ll notice my emphasis that everything now on the motor was professionally installed.

FIA Motorsports has ensured me that this motor and the modifications were properly installed and will hold all of that power without difficulty. If the future owner has any questions about the setup or wants to change some things, I suggest taking it to them because they know the car very well.

Feel free to call me with any questions or picture requests (I have many), my name is Weston: (775) 233-5225

With the stock rims/tires (I'll give them to you with the car)

Cool gauge setup behind the cubby

Custom sub/amp enclosure in the trunk

The belly of the beast

...and the proof

Last edited by warnoldscu; 2008-03-25 at 03:08 PM.
warnoldscu is offline   Reply With Quote