The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default Kerry said what!?

Just one of the 1,000 different copies of the story floating around:

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=44314

Quote:
The Massachusetts senator, who is considering another presidential run in 2008, had opened his speech at Pasadena City College with several one-liners, joking at one point that Bush had lived in Texas but now "lives in a state of denial."

Then he said: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
Due to all (the media generated) outrage, I must be the only person in America that actually read what Kerry *actually* said and understood what he meant. Let me rephrase his statement:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, and skate throught life living off your father's popularity, you get to become a crappy President that makes up a war and gets stuck in a lose-lose situation in Iraq."

Kerry made the same bad joke that's been made about a million times since 2000. Do people really believe that a Vietnam vet with 3 Purple Hearts, and a Silver and a Bronze Star would disrespect our troops in the way that the GOP and the news media are implying? Give me a break. I guess the quote makes a great out of context sound bite though.