View Single Post
Old 2006-11-01, 02:11 PM   #23
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

What's killing me is that this story is all over the place, and not *one* of them bothers to provide the complete transcript. I'd be really interested to read the supposed list of jokes leading up to the botched one.

The most ironic thing of course is that the Republicans are make a *huge* deal over what's being called a "misspoken" joke by Kerry. Meanwhile our president can't get a single sentence out of his mouth w/o misspeaking at least one word.

Frankly, Kerry's a douche for making bad jokes (botched or not), but the Republicans are worse for making a big deal out of it. Christ, even if Kerry *wasn't* joking, even if Kerry did hate our troops, or think they're all morons... I'm a little more interested in seeing our leaders discuss their own *actions* far more than listening to them whine about comments from a Democratic senator. This whole situation is counterproductive to making our country a better place, and is entirely a result of the career politician partisan bullshit that's ruined America.