The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1337STI
Nice Code that will give me something to play around with
Knock yourself out buddy.

See if you can note the way I handle street tire, ladies classes, season points for both class and pax championships, novice results, run no points, drops, perfect attendance reporting, driver aliases, name scrambling, .RGG importing, single event reporting, season standings reporting, and probably 20 other nuances I can't even recall since I wrote this software like 8 months ago.

Basically, the problem isn't anywhere as simple as 2 DB tables and a PAX lookup. For example, you tell me how that will tell the connection between SM and TSM and how you'll know to consider them in the same championship but applying the street tire PAX factor to just one of them before final classification. Or how you'll know that "Allen Snellbaker" and "Alan Snellbacher" are actually the same person even though his name changed between the Round 1 results and the Round 3 results because someone in the bus mis-typed his name. Or how you'll handle the consolidation of PAX points for one driver even though s/he's changed classes throughout the season. Finally, tell me how a web-based DB driven application is going to do a lick of good on a laptop that's running off a generator in a bus parked on the tarmac at Stead airport, you got satalite internet access you'll loan to SCCA so we can update and print results from the bus, or am I going to have to install a webserver on the SCCA laptop and run it locally?

The problem set for this software is non-trivial.