Thread: Snow Donkey's 2
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-22, 03:11 PM   #25
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3n2c3
Ok, I'm gonna stop bad-mouthing the re92s now. They did fine going to work and coming back, and after getting back I drove up the long dead end street here and proceeded to tear it up for a little while to get a feel for the car's limits. They're not bad as long as you drive moderately. I was going out of my way to break traction and even when I did, it returned very quickly due to AWD. The only real issue I see is the fact that since the car is so light (at least relatively), it has a tendency to follow ruts in the snow rather easily.
If you read the car and driver "Max Performance" tire article, you see one of the things they talk about is how a tire recovers when it does lose traction. If I had to say something that the RE92s excel at, it is recovery. Unless you are flat out abusing them, they give you plenty of warning, and break away gradually, and when they do lose traction, they regain it quite easily. They do this pretty equally well in the dry, wet, and even snow. Nobody really gets a saving throw on ice, but they do OK...