View Single Post
Old 2012-03-08, 08:04 AM   #6
Double Phister
EJ22

Car: 2005 WRX STi

"I'm sideways and in control... I look good."

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesplitter View Post
There have been secondary injector drivers available since the early nineties. I know Aquamist makes one. There are others, but I can't think of the names. Some of the other meth/water injection companies may have them too, because the technology is similar. The good ones are programmable to bring on the secondary injectors as needed, for example - as boost increases.
I want the amount of fuel delivered to be controlled by the ECU and not an external device. It's my understanding that the existing secondary injector drivers have their own look up tables and sensor inputs. That doesn't sound as ideal as an ECU that can drive the secondaries directly or indirectly.

The indirect approach would require the injector latencies in the ECU to move to the secondary controller.

I'd like to have stock or smaller than stock primary injectors with good blending control to huge injectors. To the ECU it would just look like there where massive injectors. But you'd have great fueling at low loads/RPM.

I'd go MOTEC if the check engine light and OBDII port worked the same (or close). I know I'd still have to worry about making 8 injectors look stock for a SMOG check.