View Single Post
Old 2005-12-12, 08:14 AM   #64
khail19
EJ205

Car: 2016 VW GTI

Meets? We have meets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ln
Im not forcing anyone to do anything. Im just questioning what you have against racing on a public road. Even if there's a 0% chance of you endangering someone else.
There is no way to have a 0% chance of endangering others on any public road. You cannot know, without a doubt, that there isn't some pedestrian or vehicle in the vicinity of your vehicle. I don't care if it's 3 AM on the most isolated, industrial road in town, you cannot know for sure that no one else is around. This is why street racing is illegal, and why it is such a stupid thing to part in.

Quote:
However, I tend to believe I'm not outnumbered on this board when it comes to who street races and who doesn't.
I believe you are vastly outnumbered. Everyone I know on this board is a responsible adult who has no desire to increase attention on our vehicles from the police, or worse yet, injure or kill someone else due to our negligence.

Quote:
And the legality of it - I bet I'm more legal most of the time than most of the people on this board. Sure I tend to speed sometimes in competition against another motor-vehicle, but I still run smog legal. I have a working CAT and I've never removed a cat and not replaced it with another functioning cat. Most of the people on this board would be fined.
This is just asinine. You are comparing the emissions of a vehicle to potentially ending people's lives. If you think it's OK to street race as long as your car passes smog, then you've got a very messed up set of priorities.
khail19 is offline   Reply With Quote