Thread: Dyno Numbers
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-06, 01:36 PM   #47
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Just spoke to Nate and he gave me the secret defrost switch sequence to put Scott's car in Limp Home mode. 57HP, 48Lb-Ft. Torque...

I'm not speaking for him, but as I said earlier, Dyno tuning is entirely different than what we did Saturday. Saturday was kinda like Friday Night Drags at the local track. Drive what you brung. No qualifying, practice, etc. like you would have at an official event. It is impracticle to do many runs or hook up all the Gizmos on a Dyno day.

If my numbers are right, they did 17 or so cars in about 10 hours. It wouldn't have been much of a dyno day if we could only have done 6 or 8 cars IMHO.

I would guess that from the time it rolled into the garage until it rolled out, those runs and all the hookup and logging probably took Nate 2 hours or more. I want to thank him for taking the time, and helping us all understand a little bit better.

My guess remains that since Mike was out front occasionally winding it up and having some fun caused some knock etc and the ECU adjusted accordingly. Tyson, Matt and I who were poking along at the back not getting into the revs much and thus not knocking much didn't detune as far.