Thread: Dyno Numbers
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-06, 05:54 PM   #54
Nate@s-s
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry

It's not the dyno that was changing between those runs, it was Dean's ECU adapting to conditions.

Idealy for tuning, Nate should be able to reset the ECU, then trick it into advancing the timing as far as possible in one run. Shiv over at Vishnu has a trick for doing it (I posted this in the 100 octane thread already):

That way you can test the tuning changes to the ECU w/o worring about drastic changes due to the ECU's learning ability.
Yes, the ecu was mearly adapting to conditions here, based on this data I am going to double our usual baseline pull's on non dyno days ( from 1 warmup and 3 pulls to warmup and 6 pulls ) For tuning, the trick to speed up the learning process a bit does work very well, I have been doing the same thing for a bit now ( you can achive the same result by putting the car under load w the brakes after a ecu reset or re-flash ) The reason I did not do this when testing today was I was looking for good data on what the ecu was doing to explain the higher than average numbers from the reno cars.

Although it does seem that the higher reading cars were inverse to who was driving fast on the way down, which makes sense based on the data we recieved today.

hope this answers the questions, if you have more just ask!

-Nate
Nate@s-s is offline   Reply With Quote