The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK
Can anyone convert between cobb dyno numbers and ssquared dyno numbers? Here is my attempt:

My stock dyno numbers that morning were:

Hp: 186.3 @ 5900
Tq: 182.2 @ 4100
Well, my basically stock car evened out at about 160, and assuming your numbers are stable, that puts the Cobb dyno about 15% higher than the S-Squared
Don't forget that Cobb is up at altitude, so there could be an issue with their conversion for lack of oxygen.

As far as my Dyno numbers at ESX, I still need to get them to send me a printout of the runs. According to the tuner there I pulled 197hp at the wheels, and like 380 torque! :shock: Of course I don't believe that torque number... it must be a different method of calculating it, and I wouldn't compare it to the other torque numbers we've been talking about. I'd guess the car's got around 200 to 210 ftlbs of torque from the way it drives.

Of course, there's the whole ESX vs. S-Squared dyno issue. Nate seemed to think that ESX's dyno reads lower than their Mustang Dyno. He gave an example that my car that pulled 186hp on the S2 dyno would probably pull a 160-170hp at ESX... so with that logic, I'd guess my car's in the 210-220awhp range on Nate's dyno... which is right at about stock STi range.